Love is Not Enough – Why good boundaries make good relationships
Insights and practices for cultivating love, sex and intimacy (even in difficult times) with Justice Schanfarber.
Emotional empathy is often touted as a relationship panacea, but there’s another piece of the puzzle that is often overlooked. In this episode Justice Schanfarber makes a case for the value of emotional boundaries in relationships.
Join us as we explore –
- The dark side of empathy
- How boundaries can actually bring us closer in relationship
- The personal development drive in relationships
- Why good boundaries make for better intimacy
- The one type of boundary that must be understood for relationships to grow
Sue and I ended up covering the outline above, and so much more, including –
- The ideal of setting boundaries vs the reality of setting boundaries
- Behavioural boundaries vs emotional boundaries
- What it really means to “hold space” for your partner
- How we lose ourselves (and find ourselves) in relationship
- Predictable stages of relationships
- Triggers in relationships (fight or flight responses)
- Differentiating between your pain and your partner’s pain
- Tips for managing your own nervous system arousal
- Confronting the differences between you and your partner
- Using body awareness as a tool for maintaining boundaries
Trying to grow, fix, change, understand or save your marriage? I provide couples therapy, marriage counselling, coaching and mentoring to individuals and couples on the issues that make or break relationships – Sessions by telephone/skype worldwide. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a client info package. www.JusticeSchanfarber.com
The Re-Connection Handbook For Couples – by Justice Schanfarber.
For everyone who longs to re-connect with their significant other… for the “early disillusionment” stages of relationship right through to “last hope.”
Justice has over a decade of experience from all over the world, developing a unique specialization that provides an uncommon ability to see where a relationship is stuck, and what is needed to move it forward.
Justice is available for marriage counselling + couples therapy and is a sex and relationship specialist. Phone and Skype sessions worldwide. In-person sessions in Campbell River, BC, Canada.
Learn more and get your copy of The Re-Connection Handbook for Couples here.
Learn more about working with Justice at JusticeSchanfarber.com
*This post may contain affiliate links.
More You’ll Love:
If you like this, you’ll love the blog post Change Your Story, Change Your Life »